Segulah is a Nordic private equity firm. Essentially, we develop companies. We want to make good companies better – and thereby create value.
Segulah is a medium-term investor and owner of private companies with a goal of creating change and sustainable value over a period of three to eight years. We aim to make our companies more profitable, for example by broadening their operations or through geographic expansion and acquisitions. We initiate and support their development by serving as an active, committed and responsible owner. To succeed we make majority / control investments, provide capital and appoint boards that support our portfolio companies’ managements. Prospective board directors are recruited from our network of industrial advisors.
- Established in 1994
- 5 funds since inception
- SEK 8 billion under management
- Evaluation of c. 200 investment opportunities annually
- Over 45 platform acquisitions and 100 add-on-acquisitions completed
The capital in the Segulah funds is primarily raised from international pension funds, endowments and private family foundations. In total Segulah has raised SEK 11 billion of capital to five funds. Today Segulah V is actively investing in the Nordic market.
|Segulah III||2004||2,400||Partially realized|
|Segulah IV||2007||5,200||Partially realized|
Segulah is an active owner that initiates change while bringing focus, know-how and capital to the companies to achieve profitable growth. Profitable growth is key to all business development and, in the long run, generates superior returns.
Segulah is Hebrew for “select.” Selectivity is an integral part of our business. Over time we have incorporated a number of criteria into our investment process, the most important of which are:
- We invest in companies with strong market positions: this is businesses that are strong in a particular geographic area, segment or niche, or whose offerings are clearly distinguished from the competition and have the staying power to attract new customers.
- We back skilled management teams that recognize opportunities for growth and development.
- We invest in profitable businesses that are able to turn a profit on its existing business in order to expand.
- We invest in companies with development potential: This can mean new products, services or markets. And it can mean organic or acquired growth.
Are we right for you? If you own – or lead – a medium-sized company and are exploring opportunities for a change in ownership you should consider contacting Segulah.
We offer an ownership option in circumstances of generational transition or when large companies undergo structural and strategic change. We are also an alternative for owners who want their businesses to grow while remaining independent. Our specialty is companies with revenues up to SEK 2 billion.
Segulah supports the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
Our role is to maximize the long-term return to our investors. In addition to economic and financial aspects that are important to business analysis, environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues are also taken into consideration.
Segulah’s policy is to support the UN Principles for Responsible Investment:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.